2012 Swanepoel Trends Report
Table of Contents
- Economy – The Waiting Game Continues
- Commercial -Risky Business
- Social Networking – Battle for the Future of the Web
- Mobile Media – Remote Control of Your Life
- International Update
- 2022- Thoughts, Predictions and Introspection
- Recipe for Success – Talking to the CEOs of the Big Five
- The Internet – Will IPOs Create the Champions?
- MLS Reboot – Reinventing the Sharing of LIstings
- On the Brink of Irrelevancy – Reinventing Realtor Associations
2012 Trends Covered
Revolutionary change has shaped an entire industry
- The relevancy of Realtor Associations
- Recipe for success from the frontrunners
- How new IPOs will dominate real estate in the future
- Identifying international technology and players
- The revolutionary impact of mobile media
Yes, 2012 is a leap year, and an election year in the U.S., the diamond jubilee of the accession of Queen Elizabeth to the thrones of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and the end of the mythical creation of the Mayan civilization.
And the residential real estate brokerage industry in the U.S. is also experiencing a significant revolution of its own.
Year after year we explore, analyze and then share with you the trends driving change in real estate. Most years it appears that change is happening slower than most would like. Some years it looks like the momentum of different components are colliding, forcing more change to occur in a shorter period.
2011-2013 is the latter.
We can sense it, see and hear it. This is not just idle chatter but based on the hundreds and hundreds of people we talk to year after year — the most influential people in industry — CEOs of all the largest real estate companies, Association Executive Officers, presidents and CEOs of MLS organizations and third-party media companies.
Associations are at a survival crossroad, third-party companies are again going IPO in a big way, the next generation is pushing baby boomers out of their way and mobile is connecting all the dots into one giant global, yet local, network as we redefine life as we have lived it for most of the last century.
You must do something! You cannot just sit on the sideline and watch! There is no time to wait. It’s now time to redefine your paradigm. Significant and potentially decade-long lasting change is upon us.